Our new Pupil Council line up was revealed today. Mrs Bidoni will be heading up the new Pupil Council starting from the new Year. We are looking forward to hearing more news from them then.
As a group, we wanted the rest of the school to become more involved in what we are doing. We recently presented at an assembly, and asked each year to be responsible for a particular area. We think each class is doing a great job!
Nursery and Primary 1 – Using only one paper towel when drying our hands.
Primary 1/2 – Watering the bottle gardens.
Primary 2 – Feeding the birds.
Primary 3 – Energy monitors.
Primary 4 – Recycling paper
Primary 5 – Recycling water bottles.
Primary 6 – Recycling ink cartridges
Primary 7 – Litter monitors.
Going for Green
At the start of the new school term we took time to reflect on our successes from last year.
Here are some of our achievements :
- Providing paper re-cycling bins for the classrooms and offices
- Selecting class jobs for each class
- Celebrating Fairtrade Fortnight with our banana appeal
- Hosting an Eco week
- Providing supplies for each class to make a re-cycled bottle garden
- Encouraging pupils to WALK ON WEDNESDAY
- Holding a Fairtrade Tuck Shop
- Making scrap paper re-cycling boxes for each class
- Encouraging the school community to participate in Earth Hour
- Hosting a community litter pick with staff from the local McDonalds
- Making up litter kits for P7
- Selling ‘Smencils’ to raise Eco funds
- Inviting all classes to contribute to our Endangered Animals art display in the hall.