Happy New Year! It’s been lovely to have the children back in school for the last few days and we’re all looking forward to our first full week next week.
Guidance is changing rapidly so please keep your eye on information from the Scottish Government as well as anything sent via school from the City of Edinburgh Council. If you are ever in any doubt, contact Test and Protect for advice.
In school, we continue to:
- Keep classrooms ventilated
- Wear face coverings (staff) when moving around the school and if working closely with learners
- Encourage good hand hygiene for all with the use of hand washing facilities and sanitising points
- Maintain 2m distance between adults
- Carry out lateral flow tests several times a week (staff)
We would ask that you continue to:
- Stay outside the playground, with the exception of Nursery, P1 and P2 parents and carers
- Wear face coverings if you are in the playground, unless exempt
- Adhere to social distancing guidance
- Keep up to date with government guidance around testing and self-isolation
Friday play sessions at The Collective
Friday afternoon outdoor play sessions will continue starting next Friday (14th January) and will be on every week during term time. This is a great opportunity to get out and have fun in the fresh air (with the play shelter as a base), exploring a part of the city which not everyone knows about!
You’ll learn about weather systems and the biodiversity found at The Collective and the surrounding areas. Wrap up warm and stay cosy with a hot chocolate at the top!
School Uniform Bank
Further to Lorna French’s letter which was sent to families on Wednesday we have been asked to share some more information about the Edinburgh School Uniform Bank to explain how this organisation can support families. More information is available on their website https://edinburghuniform.org/
Have a lovely weekend,
Sally Ketchin, Head Teacher