At Abbeyhill Primary, we believe that Shared Learning at home is important. It is a direct way of more closely involving parents and carers in their child’s learning and gives pupils the opportunity to practise at home the tasks done in class. It also helps children to become more confident and independent in their learning, which will help throughout their time at school and in adult life.
Shared Learning at home can:
- directly involve parents and carers in their children’s learning
- foster a productive home-school partnership
- develop a positive attitude to learning as a life skill, not just a school-based skill
- allow children additional time to practise skills learned at school
- allow older children the opportunity for independent study and research
- encourage dialogue between children and their families about their learning
Speak to your child’s teacher about how you can further support their learning at home.