Primary 6 has been set the challenge of designing a board game for Primary 5 to help them learn their 4,5,6 and 7 times tables. Each game must meet these design requirements:
- The game must be suitable for 4 players
- There must be additional “chance” or “challenge” cards
- There must be an element of moving forwards, backwards or missing turns
- The game must have a minimum of 50 squares and a maximum of 100
- Instructions must be clear and easy to follow.
- It should be bright and colourful and make children want to play it
It has been brilliant watching the groups at work and listening to their discussions. They have come up with some very elaborate ideas and have learned a lot about collaborating with others and compromising.
I am looking forward to trying the games!