Last week representatives from P4 and P5 made a visit to North Queensferry Primary to see their award winning garden and outdoor classroom. We were given the grand tour by their head teacher, Mrs Mann and P4 and P5 pupils from their Eco group.
We were very impressed with many features from their garden:
- Bottle Green House
- Raised beds where they grew vegetables that were used for snacks and lunches
- Fruit trees that were used to make jams and chutneys to sell to the community to raise funds
- Water butts to re-cycle water for the planting
- Re-used tyres as planters
- Wild flower seeds in planters
- The Secret Garden to use for quiet contemplation
- The outdoor classroom and wood chipped pathways
- Outdoor learning resource bags.
We also shared some of our good ideas with them. They are going to use our mood board idea to plan new developments in their garden and thought that the den building kit and hedgehog house that we bought with our Sainsburys and Morrisons vouchers would be worth investigating.
We have invited our new friends at North Queensferry to come and visit us once our Wildlife Garden has been renovated. We are just a short train ride away !